Here is a tasty gluten-free quinoa based brownie recipe that uses no dairy, flour, or sugar.
Total prep time: 6 min
Total cook time: 30 min
Yield: 9 squares
- 3/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 cup organic quinoa
- 1/2 cup organic cacao powder (can also use carob powder)
- 1/4 cup nut milk (almond, coconut, hemp or rice milk)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp liquid vanilla extract
1. Cook quinoa – boil 1 1/2 cups of water in a small pot, stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low, and cover for approximately 20 min. Remove from burner and let stand for 5 min. Transfer to mixing bowl, and let cool to room temperature.
2. Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Add mixture to 8 inch / 2 litre baking pan, and bake at 350 degrees ferinheight for 30-32 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool. Cut in to 9 squares. Serve with strawberries, or your favourite fruit.
Serving size: 1 brownie
Carbohydrates: 11g (0.4g sugar)
Please try this recipe and leave some feedback below!