Organic Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
About Organic Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
These dark chocolate covered almonds may be the ultimate healthy decadent treat. Certified Organic unpasteurized almonds and 70% dark chocolate are lightly dusted in cocoa powder to create an irresistible dark chocolate treat like no other.
- Certified organic, Gluten-Free, Dairy–Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
- 70% dark chocolate with no fillers or artificial ingredients
- Delicious on their own, or chopped and added as a topping on desserts, in protein shakes, topping on yogurt etc.
- Made with non-pasteurized fair-trade spanish almonds, not irradiated California almonds like most similar products.
- A decadent, healthy treat
Product ingredients: Certified organic almonds, cacao mass (organic raw cane sugar, organic cacao butter, organic soya lecithin, organic vanilla) cacao powder for dusting (organic skimmed cacao powder, potassium carbonate)
Now let's take a look at a few of the reasons why this delicious combination of almonds and dark chocolate is both delicious, and nutritious.
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Chocolate contains cacao, and extensively studied superfood that contains many powerful beneficial compounds and antioxidants such as:
- Resveratrol, a powerful compound that has been shown to protect the brain and nerves.
- Polyphenols and flavonols in cacao are powerful antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals in the body, and also help fight inflammation.
- Anandamide, a natural "feel good" chemical
Studies have shown that chocolate consumption may decrease body inflammation and risk of stroke, and increase levels of healthy HDL cholesterol.
Health Benefits of Almonds
Almonds contain high levels of healthy fats and an extensive number of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants including:
- High levels of vitamin E (over 40% of the daily recommended intake in a single 1/4 cup serving).
- The flavonoids found in the brown skin on almonds acts as a powerful antioxidant
- Loaded with the minerals manganese and copper
- Contains 49% of the daily recommending intake of biotin
- Excellent source of beneficial fats
Regular consumption of almonds has been shown to decrease risk of cardiovascular disease, lower LDL cholesterol, decrease risk of diabetes, and aid in weight loss.
Certified organic almonds, dark chocolate (raw can sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, cocoa powder)
Tree nuts, manufactured in a facility that processes milk products
Country of Origin