Natural Dried Peaches
About Natural Dried Peaches
Our naturally dried California peaches taste incredible! Like all of our organic dried fruit, they contain no sulphites or other preservatives. Add them to trail mix, eat them on their own, or chop them and add to breakfast cereal.
Dried peaches contain vitamin A and B-Carotene, and are a good source of the minerals potassium, fluoride, and iron.
Below is a list of the main nutritional highlights of dried peaches:
- Contain flavonoid poly phenolic antioxidants that help prevent free radical damage in the body.
- Good source of fiber
- Good source of vitamin A and B-carotene
- Very good source of potassium, iron, and fluoride
- Source of vitamin C (more in fresh peaches)
*For full nutritional profile please see nutrition facts table on right.
Although not quite as potent as other dried fruits from a nutrient perspective, peaches are still contain respectable levels of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Health benefits that may be attributed to dried peach consumption include:
- Improved vision (Vitamin A)
- Reduced risk of oral cavities (Fluoride)
- Lowered blood pressure (potassium)
- Reduced risk of cancer (Vitamin A, antioxidants)
- Peaches originated in 6000 to 7000 BC
- In China, the peach is the symbol for long life
- China is the largest peach producer in the world
- Nectarines are a type of peach without a furry skin
- Peaches are related to plums, nectarines, and almonds
- Peach juice is used as a moisturizer in cosmetics
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Refrigerate in an air tight container for 6 months. Vacuum seal to prolong freshness for up to a year.
How to Enjoy
The beauty of dried peaches (or any other dried fruit for that matter) is their portability. They make the perfect snack for active individuals looking for a nutritious energy producing snack. Eat them on their own, or mix them with other nuts and seeds to create your own tasty trail mix.
Dried Peach Recipes