If you are unsatisfied with the quality or selection of the organic produce at your local supermarket or simply don’t have the time to shop at farmer’s markets for fresh local / organic foods each week, an organic grocery delivery service might be the perfect solution for you.
How does an organic food delivery service work?
Step 1: Choose your items
Each of the businesses listed further down on this page have a website where you can select the food items you need each week. Some allow you to choose from an extensive list (produce, baked goods, bulk items, cereals, etc.), while others only offer boxes of preselected fruits and / or vegetables.
Step 2: Select payment option & delivery date
Once you have added the items that you need to your virtual shopping card, it’s time to make payment. Some companies offer payment online, while others will accept cash or cheques at the time of delivery. Your items will be delivered to your door the following week on the day specified after your order.
What are the benefits?
- Easy, convenient, and efficient – saves you time
- Supports local and / or organic farmers
- Much fresher produce than most supermarkets
How can I find a company that delivers to my my town or city?
Simply click on your province below, and you will be taken to the list of food delivery businesses that service your are.
Newfoundland & Labrador
Prince Edward Isand
- Spud (www.spud.ca) – Organic, local, non-GMO produce, baked goods, meat, seafood, dairy and more.
- The Organic Box (www.theorganicbox.ca) – Whenever possible, The Organic Box provides members with locally-grown organic fruits and vegetables. Given the short Northern Alberta growing season, however, during the colder months we bring in non-local organic produce to provide a consistent level of quality to our members. We also offer items such as bananas throughout the year which cannot be grown locally.
- Spud (www.spud.ca) – Shopping with SPUD means you’re supporting your local food community. Organic and local food is our passion; we believe access to real, healthy food should be simple and easy, and what we eat should come from sources as close to us as possible. Because not all the items we love are local (we’re not quite ready to give up bananas and coffee just yet!), we attach food miles to each product so you can make the informed decision yourself.
- Green Earth Organics (vancouver.greenearthorganics.com) – Green Earth Organics (GEO) is a home and office organic grocery delivery service. GEO strives to provide our customers with the freshest and very best organic products available. We have a wide selection of 100% Certified Organic fruit, vegetables, and other grocery products. We also carry a growing list of environmentally friendly products that make it easier for our customers to tread lighter on our planet.
- Spud (www.spud.ca) – Organic, local, non-GMO produce, baked goods, meat, seafood, dairy and more.
- Share Organics (www.shareorganics.bc.ca) – We offer you a selection of great Produce Boxes and more delivered to your door! Boxes are the best way to buy because we fill them with fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables direct from local farms.
- Blue Moon Organics (www.bluemoonorganics.com) – A local family business since 1997, Blue Moon Organics delivers fresh 100% Certified Organic Fruits and Vegetables right to your home. We delivery to Anmore, Burnaby, Belcarra, Coquitlam, Langley, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Pitt Meadows, New Westminster, Maple Ridge and Mission and East Surrey.
- Endless Harvest (www.endlessharvest.com) – Endless Harvest is dedicated to providing fresh, flavourful food directly to our customers’ homes. We foster sustainability by supporting organic agriculture and buying locally produced products.
- Thistle Farm (www.thistlefarm.com) – We specialize in delivering fresh organic fruit, vegetables and other certified organic grocery items to your doorstep . The contents of our vegetable and fruit baskets vary from week to week and are chosen depending on availability and price. During the summer season Thistle Farm provides most of the produce for the boxes from our 10 acre farm.
- Fresh Option Organic Delivery – (www.freshoption.ca) – Magnificent fresh fruits and vegetables are our biggest delight and main undertaking. We gather fresh produce from local farms, as well as importing from certified organic ones for items that can’t be grown here in Manitoba, or for when they’re out of season here.
- Buckwheat Flats Natural Foods (www.back2land.ca/buckwheatflats) – Order local, organic, whole and world foods for pick-up in Knowlesville or delivery to Florenceville or Hartland area. Great way to get easy access to locally grown produce and stock your pantry with real food once a month.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Real Food Market (www.shoprealfood.ca) – Real Food Market is St. John’s’ 1st organic grocery store and delivery service! We believe that it is the right of consumers to have access to healthy organic foods that support living a life of optimal health. We also believe that this access should be convenient and affordable. At Real Food Market we are committed to providing healthy, organic foods, while also supporting community and respecting the resources of our planet.
*No current listings
- Home Grown Organic Foods (http://www.hgof.ns.ca/) – Home Grown Organic Foods is a locally owned business dedicated towards satisfying the growing demand for healthy, locally grown, affordable and ecologically sustainable organic food. We offer an efficient and cost-effective home delivery service of fresh organic fruits and vegetables every week.
Toronto / GTA (Milton, Oakville, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa)
- Organics LIve (www.organicslive.com) – At Organics Live, everything we deliver is 100% certified organic, and local whenever possible. We run a carbon neutral operation, offsetting all parts of the business, from field to plate. Our boxes are “best-of-season”, meaning that we source the freshest, highest quality fruits and vegetables available at any given time and deliver them to you weekly.
- Front Door Organics (www.frontdoororganics.com) – We pride ourselves on delivering Toronto’s best variety of the freshest certified organic food available.
- Mama Earth Organics (www.mamaearth.ca) – Heather & Alex Billingsley started Mama Earth Organics in order to source organic produce directly from local farms.
- Lovegan (www.lovegan.com) – You are in control of what items you receive! With LoveGan’s organic food delivery service, you can pick and choose any combination from the organic produce, dairy, meats (frozen) and grocery items. Of course, if you like, you can simply have a standing order which you are free to modify at any time.
Pickering, AJax, Whitby, Oshawa
- Durham Organics (www.durhamorganics.ca) – Durham Organics is 100% certified organic delivery company that services cities in Durham Region: Oshawa, Whitby, Brooklin, Bowmanville, Courtice, and Ajax. Always free delivery! Locally owned and family run, we strive to buy local whenever possible and to give your family healthy wholesome food. We have been delivering super fresh organics to the doorsteps of our happy and health conscious customers since 2008.
South Western Ontario
- Eco Place Organics (www.ecoplaceorganicdelivery.com) – We provide convenient access to fresh healthy foods for the community via a home delivery service, mobile produce market, and weekend market stand. We love the beautiful, seasonal produce and are sure that you will too!
- Eartreen Organics (www.expressorganics.com) – Eat Green Organics is a small, independent business serving the London and Sarnia areas since 2000. We are a small group of people (5 staff members) dedicated to offering you the finest quality, locally sourced organic food – at affordable prices.
- On The Move Organics (www.onthemoveorganics.ca) – We deliver the freshest local, independent and 100% certified organic produce right to your front door. Seasonal limitations aside, we travel to farms within a half hour of London to deliver you the best in local organic produce each week. We offer an optional weekly schedule.
Cambridge, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph
- Homefield Organics (www.homefieldorganics.com) – We are a grocery delivery service that focuses on providing the highest quality, certified organic foods available. We carry a wide selection of produce as well as many grocery items. Our focus is to work with local producers as much as possible and we deliver right to your door.
- Grand River Organics (www.grandriverorganics.ca) – We grew from the idea of connecting our communities with local, sustainably grown, organic food from family farms in the Perth, Waterloo and Wellington Regions of Southwestern Ontario. We began offering a seasonal box of organic produce grown by a few local farmers in 2009. Since then we have extended to offer a year-round box with an increasing variety of local fruits and vegetables from an expanding group of organic growers within the Grand River watershed.
Eastern Ontario (Port Hope, Trenton, Belleville, Kingston)
- Desert Lake Gardens (www.desertlakegardens.com) – Desert Lake Gardens is a producer and supplier of local foods. We deliver fresh, locally grown and healthy food to your door.
- Bryson Farms (www.brysonfarms.com) – Home delivery service into Ottawa-Gatineau with everything picked the day before delivery to ensure freshness. We supply our home delivery customers with a “pick-of-the-day” harvest of produce each week, with many different and, often, exotic items as the season progresses.
- Home Food Solutions – (www.homefoodsolutions.ca) – Locally raised / certified organic meats, including grass fed and finished beef, pasture raised pork, and organic chicken. All grain fed animals are raised without the use of hormones / antibiotics and are fed non GMO grains. Also wild caught seafood available including Alaskan salmon, Canadian pickerel, crab, and more.
- Good Food 2U – Fresh Harvest boxes filled with delicious seasonal organic fruits and vegetables, and other ethically produced foods straight to your doorstep. We are committed to high quality; we source as much as possible from local growers, we ensure that farmers receive fair prices for their produce, we look after the environment and we always strive to keep our customers absolutely delighted with our friendly and convenient service.
- Ottawa Organics & Natural Foods – (www.ottawaorganics.com) – Certified organic produce and grocery items.
Simcoe / Muskoka
- Green Earth Organics (www.greenearthorganics.com) – Green Earth Organics (GEO) is a home and office organic grocery delivery service. GEO strives to provide our customers with the freshest and very best organic products available. We have a wide selection of 100% Certified Organic fruit, vegetables, and other grocery products.
Prince Edward Island
- Organic Veggie Delivery (www.organicveggiedelivery.com) – Offers veggie boxes, fruits & vegetables, and a long list of other organic natural food products.
- Tagada (www.tagada.ca) – Delivery of weekly grocery baskets featuring local produce and other organic products.
- Bryson Farms (www.brysonfarms.com) – Bryson Farms is a CERTIFIED ORGANIC farm (by the OCPP) which delivers fresh and exotic produce to your door every week, year-round. We also offer our home delivery customers our own certified organic beef as well as our own line of flash-frozen vegetables and prepared foods.
- Body Fuel Organics (www.bodyfuel.deliverybizpro.com) – Body Fuel began in 2005 and now services over 400 bin customers and is growing daily. Body Fuel offers a full service grocery store and delivery service with a goal to stock your fridge and pantry with healthy choices in a convenient easy way.
Do you know of a food delivery business that isn’t listed here? Please let us know by leaving a comment below or contacting us via email!
11 thoughts on “List of Canadian Organic & Local Food Delivery Businesses”
Would like to order some organic macadamia nuts from you but can’t find a way to do that. It looks like you are ready to take orders but I can’t find a way to get there from here. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks for contacting us – please check your email.
i live in usa, monsanto/dow killing us with roundup pesticides and gmo’s on foods. do you grow organic food in canada and ship to individuals in usa?
Fruitfull Offices delivers fruit boxes to downtown Vancouver using zero-emission electric cargo tricycles. Their fruit initiatives support health and well-being for stressed out office workers which is likely boost job commitment, increase staff retention and improve corporate image. Their boxes come in 2 sizes; 25 and 40 piece boxes and delivery is free. Weekly fruit initiatives start at $30 and boxes contain 7 varieties of fruit. Fruitfull offices – fruitful staff.
We use Fruitfull Offices for our office fruit deliveries, such a great selction, always happy to see them, they did once give us some mouldy strawberries, we told them and they gave us $10 back plus some extra strawberries the next week, i’d say 9/10 u can see them at http://www.fruitfulloffices.ca
Please consider my business Part Owner (http://www.partowner.com) for London, Ontario as we’ll be launching next May 2016. We have 3 plans to choose from and we’ll be taking on just 60 customers in the first summer. Families and people can buy farm shares, community-supported agriculture (CSA) to source directly from Ontario farmers, and local organics producers. We have already begun sourcing initiatives and will continue over the winter to prep for next season.
I’ve personally contacted EatGreen Organics/Express to see what happened to their delivery business, and there is currently cardboard/wallpaper up all over their windows on 1010 Dundas St E… have not heard back yet, but it looks as if they are closing. They have a post here: http://www.expressorganics.com/summary.php?go=products for all people to use On The Move Organics delivery instead.
Pingback: Trenton Fresh Diet Food Home Delivery | Best diet food
Pingback: Kamloops Best Diet Food Delivery London | Best diet food
Bryson Farms offers delivery of fresh organic produce as well as frozen organic hors d’oeuvres, soups, entrees, vegetable and desserts. http://urbangroundmarket.com/
I always buy from Community Natural Foods website. Fast shipping on the next day for locals. Love it really much! One of the best Alberta Organic Stores in town.
I am completing a school project where we have to determine the financials of an organic food delivery company in London, and I was wondering if you have any insights on how many deliveries would be predicted to be done for a start-up of this in London ON. Thank you!