Raw, organic freeze-dried cherry powder carefully ground from the skin and pulp of whole acerola cherries to help preserve its powerful nutrients.
Get all of the amazing benefits of cherries in a convenient powder form that is the perfect addition to juice, smoothies, yogurt, or any other foods.
In addition to excellent levels of both vitamins A, and C, cherry powder is loaded with anthocyanins. These powerful flavonoid antioxidants contain ant-inflammatory properties that may be up to 10 times more effective at relieving pain than drugs such as Aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Excellent source of the flavonoid antioxidant anthocyanin
- Source of vitamin C (promotes immune system health)
- Source of vitamin A (promotes eye health)
- Contain the powerful free-radical scavengers know as super oxide dismutase (SOD)
- Good source of potassium (regulates blood pressure and maintains heart function)
- Contains folate (promotes cell growth and maintains heart health)
**For full profile see nutrition chart on right.
Potential Health Benefits
The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in tart cherries have been linked to the following health benefits:
- Strengthen the immune system
- Help prevent heart disease
- Aid iron absorption
- Protect against various cancers
- Helps prevent different types of infection
- Decreases body inflammation that can lead to many diseases
- Improve sleep (melatonin)
A study from Michigan State University linked cherry consumption to decreased inflammation and potential pain prevention.
“Twenty cherries provide 25 mg of anthocyanins which help shut down the enzymes that cause tissue inflammation in the first place, so cherries can prevent and treat many kinds of pain...”
A study from the University of Texas Health Science Center came to this conclusion after analyzing the melatonin levels found in cherries:
"...it is predicted that eating just a handful of cherries will increase melatonin levels in the blood, thereby improving the body's natural sleep patterns."
Cancer Prevention A study conducted at the University of Iowa has shown that some of the compounds found in cherries may be powerful cancer fighters...
"Perillyl alcohol shuts down the growth of cancer cells by depriving them of the proteins they need to grow," explains Dr. Hohl. "It works on every kind of cancer we've tested it against."
Store in a sealed container in a dark, dry place for up to 6 months. No refrigeration is necessary.
How to Enjoy
Cherry powder can be added to essentially any food or beverage. Smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, desserts, juices etc.
Cherry Powder Recipes
|Ingredients||Certified organic freeze-dried Acerola cherry powder.|
|Allergens||Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||Peru|