Smooth and creamy natural almond butter ground and jarred in Paris, Ontario by Nuts To You Nut Butters. 100% natural and preservative free! Choose from organic or conventionally grown almonds, raw or roasted.
Almond butter is high in protein, healthy fats, and minerals, and is a delicious snack on it's own or spread on fruit, bread etc. It is the nut butter chosen most often by our customers who decide to create their own customized protein bar.
How Almond Butter is Made
Before almonds can be ground in to a deliciously creamy nut butter, they must first be removed from the trees they grow on. When almonds grow on trees, they have a soft / fuzzy hull on the outside of each shell. It is said that 95% of the hulls on the tree should be split open exposing the shells before the almonds are removed from the trees.
Removal of the almonds begins by shaking the trees. The hulls are removed, and almonds are then allowed to dry on the ground for about 10-12 days.
Once the almonds have been allowed to dry and reach optimal moisture levels, they can be shelled and ground. Nuts To You uses no sugar, salt, or any other preservatives in their nut butters. They also use European almonds!
- Almonds rely 100% on wild bees for pollination
- There are over 100 published research papers that outline health benefits of almonds
- They require hot summers and cold winters to grow
- They are an excellent source of vitamin E
- They have the most protein and fibre of any tree nut
- They contain high amounts of heart-healthy monunsaturated fats, and the minerals calcium, magnesium, zinc, and iron.
Recipes that use Almond Butter
|Nutrion Facts [N]|
|Ingredients||Certified organic European almonds.|
|Country of Origin||Ground and jarred in Canada.|