Certified organic cashew nut butter made in Paris, Ontario by Nuts To You Nut Butters. Cashew nut butter is high in healthy monounsaturated fats, and is one of the creamiest and most delicious tasting nut butters in our opinion. It forms the the base of our cookie dough flavoured energy bars! Spread on foods, or add to smoothie / baking recipes for additional calories and flavour.
How Cashew Nut Butter is Made
Cashew kernels grow on cashew apple trees usually in Africa, Brazil and Vietnam. First the cashew apples are removed from the trees. Once the cashew nut has been removed from the apples the apples are either consumed or used to make liquor.
Before the cashew can be ground in to a creamy nut butter, the kernel its self must first be dried, and removed from it's hard outer shell. The reason you never see cashews being sold in their shell is because the shel its self is poisonous!
Once the kernel is removed the hard outer shell the nuts can be ground in to a delicous creamy butter. Only small amounts of organic sunflower oil are added to the mix to naturally preserve the nut butter. No sugar, salt, or other preservativs are added.
- Cashew nuts can be made in to vegan cheese, and make a delicious nut milk
- Cashews are grown primarily in Africa, Brazil, and Vietnamese.
- The cashew kernel grow inside of the cashew apple fruit
- Oils found in the shells of cashew kernels are used to fight certain types of bacteria
- Cashew nuts are always sold shelled, as their shells are poisonous to some people
Recipes that use Cashew Nut Butter
|Nutrion Facts [N]|
|Ingredients||Dry-roasted organic cashews, organic sunflower oil.|
|Country of Origin||Africa, ground and jarred in Canada.|