Certified organic smooth peanut butter made in Paris, Ontario by Nuts To You Nut Butters. Peanut butter is a delicious high protein snack that is very versatile. Add to baked goods, spread on breads, fruits, or vegetables, add to smoothies etc. It's a popular choice in our custom energy bars!
Conventionally grown peanuts can be high in pesticides and mould since they are grown underground. For this reason, we only sell / use organic peanuts and peanut butter.
How Peanut Butter is Made
First, peanut seeds are planted on large peanut farms (usually 100+ acres). After the peanut plants have grown and the kernels / shells have developed, they can be harvested (around 5-6 months after planting). The peanut plants are then dug up, but before they are ready to be turned in to nut butter they must be dried.
Once moisture levels reach 10%, the peanut kernels are removed from their shells and dry roasted at low temperatures. Once the roasting procedure is complete, the peanuts are finely ground untill they form a creamy consistency. Smooth peanut butter is more finely ground than crunchy peanut butter. Nuts To You uses not sugar, salt, or preservatives in their organic peanut butter.
- Peanuts are not actually a nut, they are a legume!
- Nearly one billion dollars of peanuts and peanut butter are purchased each year in North America
- Half of all peanuts grown in North America are used to make peanut butter
- The average peanut farm is 100 acres
- Over 90% of North Americans consume peanut butter
- Peanuts are hight in protein, niacin, folate, and phytosterols
Recipes that use Peanut Butter
|Nutrion Facts [N]|
|Ingredients||Dry-roasted blanched organic peanuts. May contain traces of other nuts and seeds.|
|Country of Origin||USA, ground and jarred in Canada.|