Our raw, organic, dried zante currants are bursting with flavour and packed full of nutritional goodness. They are perfect addition to your morning cereal, favourite trail mix, or any baked goods.
In addition to their high phenolic flavonoid content, they are also an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, and iron.
In addition to their high levels of antioxidants, dried currants contain a long list of other vitamins and minerals.
Here are some of their nutritional highlights:
- Have an extremely high ORAC value (powerful antioxidant profile)
- Excellent source of vitamin C (100% of RDA per 30 gram serving)
- Good source of vitamin A and other B vitamins
- Source of minerals such as copper, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, and potassium.
- Rich source of iron
- High in fiber
A 1/4 cup serving of dried black contains 110 calories, 24 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, and 4 grams of fiber.
The high levels of phyto-antioxidants found in dried black currants may benefit our health in the following ways:
- Improve brain function, including memory and motor cooridnation
- Improve vision and decrease oxidative stress that may cause certain eye poblems.
- Aid in digestive health
- Improve lung function, and improve decrease asthmatic symptoms
- Strengthen the immune system
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air-tight container in the cupboard or refrigerator for 6-12 months. Dried currants can also be frozen, which will extend their shelf life to around 12-18 months.
How to Enjoy
Like most other dried fruits and nuts, black currants are a great raw treat on their own. Here are a few more ways to enjoy them:
- Add to your favourite trail mix
- Add to pancakes, muffins, or other baked goods
- Add to ice creams, cakes, or other desserts
- Mix in to yogurt, or cereals
Dried Currant Recipes
|Ingredients||Certified organic zante currants|
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, sesame, and tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||USA|