Our plump and delicious certified organic dried turkish figs make the perfect portable snack. They are organically grown and sun dried in Turkey, and are produced without the use of sprays or chemicals.
Enjoy dried figs anytime, and anywhere. At around 20 grams each, they are the perfect size for snacking on, and are a quick and easy source of energy for your body.
Figs contain more fiber per serving than any other fruit, and are an excellent source of energy producing carbohydrates, potassium, and antioxidants know as phenols.
Many people prefer dried figs over fresh figs, due to their harder texture and enhanced flavour.
Here are some of their nutritional highlights:
- Have more fiber per serving than any other fruit
- Excellent source of potassium - essential for heart, muscle and digestive function
- Contain high levels of phenols, a powerful antioxidant that helps combat free radicals in the body.
- Contain vitamins A, E, and K, as well as the minerals calcium, copper, magnesium, and iron
In addition to being an excellent source of carbohydrates, dried turkish figs are also high in, as well as antioxidants know as phenols that play a number of important roles in our body. The potassium, and other vitamins and minerals figs contain are also beneficial to our health in many ways.
Based on their nutritional profile, dried turkish figs may benefit our health in the following ways:
- Reduce risk of cardiovascular disease (phenols)
- Play a positive role in cholesterol levels and blood lipid numbers (phenols)
- Help control blood glucose levels (chlorogenic acid)
Interesting Facts About Turkish Figs
- Turkey produces around 70% of all the dried figs in the entire world!
- Dried figs have been cultivated since 2000 B.C.
- Dried figs contain more fiber per serving than any other fruit
- In France, fig leaves are used as a source of perfume
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air-tight container in the cupboard or refrigerator for 6-12 months. Dried figs can also be frozen, which will extend their shelf life to around 12-18 months.
How to Enjoy
Pop a few raw turkish figs in your mouth for a quick hit of sweet, antioxidant rich deliciousness. Here are some other ideas:
- Add to trail mix
- Chop, and serve in salads, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, and other dishes
- Add to pancakes, muffins, or other baked goods
- Add to smoothies
- Make a fig jam
- Make homemade fig bars
Dried Fig Recipes
|Ingredients||Certified organic dried Calimyrna figs|
|Allergens||Packaged in a facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||Turkey|