Our certified organic dried white Turkish mulberries taste Incredible! Like black mulberries, white mulberries are low in sugar and contain extremely high levels of powerful antioxidants that help heal the body and prevent free-radicals from damaging cells. They are a great addition to cereals, trail mixes, salads, or simply eaten on their own.
Although low in sugar compared to other dried fruit (half the sugar content of raisins), mulberries still taste sweet. They are also very high in protein for a frut at around 12g per cup.
Here are some of the reasons why white mulberries are considered such a powerful superfood:
- High in fiber
- Low in sugar and high in protein compared to other dried fruit
- High in iron, calcium, niacin, and thiamine
- Contain vitamin A, C, E, as well as B-complex vitamins
- Good source of potassium, manganese, and magnesium
Potential Health Benefits
Mulberries studies indicate that regular consumption may provide the following health benefits:
- Scavenge damaging free-radicals (flavonoids, vitamin C)
- Reduce body inflammation (flavonoids)
- Protection from various cancers (resveratrol)
- Promote eye health (carotenoid zea-xanthin)
- Improve and maintain cardiovascular health (flavonoids, fiber)
- Prevent diabetes (deoxynojirimycin)
- Increase the strength of the immune system (flavonoids, vitamin C)
- Decrease risk / severity of bacterial infections (anthocyanins)
- Reduce risk of stroke (resveratrol)
Interesting Facts About Mulberries
- Some studies have shown that the leaves from the muilberry tree may help prevent diabetes
- White, red, and black varietes exist throughout the world
- They grow in many parts of the world including Asia, Pakistan, Turkey, and the United states to name a few.
- A single plant can produce different colored fruit
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in a sealed bag in the fridge or pantry for 6-8 months.
How to Enjoy
Eat by the handful or add to salads, yogurt, cereal, trail mixes, or any food that you'd like to sweeten up a little. They are also a nice addition to smoothies, pie fillings, cookies, and other baked goods. Like other dried fruit, simply add them to water to rehydrate.
|Ingredients||Certified organic white mulberries|
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||Turkey|