Just pure Canadian-grown kale, dried at the peak of freshness and then ground into a fine powder. Add to virtually any food to substantially increase its nutritional value. Kale is an outstanding source of potassium and vitamin K, as well as many other trace minerals and antioxidants.
As will all of our powders, they contain no additives or fillers.
Quick Product Highlights:
- Certified organic
- Made with fresh Canadian-grown Kale
- Low-thermal dried to maximize nutrients
- No GMO's, or other fillers
- Excellent source of vitamin K and Potassium
Q: How is it dried?
A: This powder is vacuum-dried at low temperatures. This ensures it doesn't lose important nutrients.
Q: How much should I consume?
A: We recommend 1-2 tablespoons (8-16g).
Q: What is the country of origin?
A: The kale is grown and manufactured in Canada.
Q: Can it be mixed in water?
A: Most fruit and vegetable powders can be mixed in water, however, since they are whole foods they will not dissolve.
Q: How should it be stored, and how long is the shelf life?
A: We recommend storing the product in a cool/dry/dark location. It will last for at least 12-18 months in these conditions.
How it's Harvested/Processed
Once ripe, each head of kale is collected and sorted. The leaves are then separated and washed carefully. The leaves are then dried at low temperatures and milled into a fine powder.
Kale is an extremely nutritious vegetable, and studies have show that consuming it regularly may help the following:
- Improve blood pressure
- Boost digestive health
- Protect against diabetes
- Decrease the risk of cancer
Kale powder is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, and zinc. It is also extremely high in vitamin K.
How to Enjoy
Add 1-2 scoops of the powder to smoothies, yogurt mixes, or even just a glass of water. Part of the beauty of fruit and vegetable powders is their convenience. You can take them anywhere, and add them to just about any food!
Here is an interesting study we found about the health benefits of kale:
- Kale Juice Improves Coronary Artery Disease Risk Factors in Hypercholesterolemic Men "Regular meals supplementation with kale juice can favorably influence serum lipid profiles and antioxidant systems, and hence contribute to reduce the risks of coronary artery disease in male subjects with hyperlipidemia."
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||Canada|