Sweet and delicious certified organic Californian medjool dates from. Medjool's are know as the "king" of dates for their sweet flavour and soft chewy texture. Enjoy them on their own, or as a base in desserts, energy bars, and other baked goods.
Dates are full of healthy free-radical fighting flavonoids, and an excellent source of fiber, iron, and potassium. They also contain vitamin A, B-complex vitamins, as well as the minerals calcium, magnesium, manganese, and copper.
Here are some of the nutritional highlights of medjool dates:
- High in fiber
- Good source of iron
- Good source of potassium
- Source of vitamin A, K, and B-complex vitamins
- Contain calcium, manganese, and copper
- Fight free-radical damage (flavonoids)
- May decrease risk of certain cancers (flavonoids, fiber)
- Lower LDL cholesterol (fiber)
- Maintain healthy vision (carotenoid zea-xanthin)
Interesting Facts About Dates
- Four million tons of are grown each year
- Are considered the oldest of all fruits
- Dates are know as "the fruit of the kings"
- 95% of dates are grown in Palm Springs, CA
- Ancient cultures used to call the date palm tree the "tree of life"
- Medjool dates are hand picked as they ripen, and are the sweetest, most preferred variety.
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Dates can also be frozen to extend shelf life for 12 months or more.
How to Enjoy
Dates are a sweet and delicious treat on their own, or as an addition to dinner and dessert recipes. Their sticky texture also make then a terrific binding agent, which is why they are a favourite ingredient in our own energy bars.
|Certified organic medjool dates
|Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.
|Country of Origin