Our Raw, organic Brazilian acai berry powder is carefully ground and freeze-dried to help preserve the abundant nutrients it ocntains. Add to smoothies, or stir in to yogurt, hot or cold cereal, desserts etc. Acia berries rate as one of the most potent antioxidant rich foods on the ORAC chart.
What does it taste like? Some describe acai as having a mildly tart, tropical taste, while others say that it is similar to a fruity red wine.
Acai powder contains an abundance of extremely potent antioxidtans, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and even omega-3 fatty acids! It's a perfect addition to any diet for a quick easy nutrient boost.
Acai berry has much more than just powerful free-radical busting antioxidants to offer. It is unique in that it is one of the few fruits that contain omega-3 fatty acids = the same heart-healthy fats found in fatty fish.
More nutritional highlights:
- Excellent source of fibre
- Contains omega 3 / 6 / 9 fatty acids
- High ORAC rating (antioxidants)
- Very high amino acid containt
- Source of vitamin A
- Source of calcium, magnesium, zinc, and copper
- Contain phytoserols
Potential Health Benefits
Acai contains many beneficial nutrients and has been linked to the following health benefits:
- Strengthen the immune system (antoixidants, vitamin A)
- Contributes to heart / cardiovascular health (essential fatty acids, antioxidants)
- Combats free-radicals that can damage cells (antoxidants, vitamin A)
- May contribute to bone health (calcuim)
- Aid in digestion (fibre)
Interesting Acai Facts
- Some believe the antioxidant benefits of acai to be up to 30 times as powerful as red wine
- Acia grown in the rainforest at the top of palm trees
- Rates as the most antioxidant rich fruit on the ORAC value chart
Refrigerate in a sealed container or pouch for up to 12 months.
|Ingredients||Certified organic freeze-dried acai berries|
|Allergens||Packages in the same facility as milk. peanuts, and tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||South America|