Our raw (Canadian!) wild blueberry powder is full of powerful vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Raw blueberries have significantly higher antioxidant content than cultivated blueberries, however, since they are picked deep in the boreal forest they are not officially 'certified' as organic.
Blueberries are known to be one of the most antioxidant-rich foods on the entire planet! Like all of our nutrition powders, they contain no unnatural preservatives and are made in a way that does not destroy the powerful nutritions they contain..
add a tablespoon to smoothies, cold or hot cereal, yogurt and many other foods both as a flavour enhancer, and a nutrient booster.
The main benefit of blueberry powder is that it contains extremely high amounts of various antioxidants. These antioxidants are what help neutralize free-radicals, which can otherwise harm cells in the body.
Potential Health Benefits
- May improve memory function (antioxidants)
- May protect bones and prevent osteoporosis (polyphenols)
- Beneficial to cardiovascular health
- Improve blood lipid levels
- Help combat free-radicals
Interesting Blueberry Factoids
- Maine USA is the largest blueberry grower in the world
- Native Americans called them "Star Berries" because of the shape of their blossoms
- Blueberries are the official berry of Nova Scotia, Canada
- July is national blueberry month (peak of the season)
- Are one of the only foods that are naturally blue in colour
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air-tight container in the pantry for 12-18 months. Refrigeration is not necessary for this product.
|Ingredients||Freeze-dried wild blueberries|
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, tree nuts, and peanuts.|
|Country of Origin||CANADA|