Our seedless Thompson raisins are vine ripened, making them one of the largest, sweetest, and juiciest varieties of raisins available. They are organically grown and are produced without the use of pesticides.
Raisins are an excellent source of energy producing carbohydrates, potassium, the trace mineral boron, as well as antioxidants know as phenols.
- Good source of fiber
- Excellent source of trace mineral boron
- Contain high amounts of phenols, a powerful antioxidant that helps combat free radicals in the body.
- Good source of potassium, and B-complex vitamins
- Although high in fructose, raisins contain phytochemicals that may promote oral health
They contain 130 calories per 40 gram serving, comprised of 31 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein, 0 grams of fat, and 2 grams of fiber.
- Helps minimize oxidative damage caused by free radicals (phenols)
- Improve bone health (boron)
The mineral boron, and various phytochemicals are two of the nutrients that make raisins stand out most when it comes to the potential health benefits of this delicious dried fruit.
Interesting Facts About Raisins
- 50% of the entire world's supply of raisins are grown in California, USA
- It takes 4 pounds of grapes to produce 1 pound of raisins
- Raisins were first discovered around 1490 B.C.
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air-tight container in the cupboard or refrigerator for 6-12 months. Raisins will retain their moisture longer when refrigerated.
How to Enjoy
Raisins are a great energy rich snack when eaten on their own. Here are some other great ways to enjoy them:
- Add to your favourite trail mix
- Add to cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, and other dishes
- Sprinkle over fruit and vegetable salads
- A great addition to pancakes, muffins, cookies, and other baked goods
- Can be part of a chicken or turkey stuffing recipe
|Ingredients||Certified organic raw Thompson raisins|
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as tree nuts and peanuts.|
|Country of Origin||USA|