Enjoy these, chewy and delicious dried apple rings by the handful, or in your favourite baking recipes. They are certified organic and grown without the use of chemicals or pesticides. They also contain no added sugar or preservatives. Dried apple is an excellent source of fiber, and contain various vitamins, potassium, and powerful free radical scavenging phytonutrients.
Here are some of the nutritional highlights of dried apples:
- Excellent source of fiber (5 grams per serving)
- Contain good levels of potassium and iron
- Source of vitamin A, and B-complex vitamins
- Source of phytonutrients
They contain 120 calories per 40 gram serving, comprised of 30 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein, 0 grams of fat, and 5 grams of fiber.
- Helps lower LDL cholesterol and improve cardiovascular health (soluble fiber)
- May improve health of the digestive system (fiber)
- Prevent cholesterol from oxidizing (phytonutrients)
Most of the health benefits of dried apples are associated with their high fiber content, and various phytonutrients. Other notable nutrients found in dried apples are small amounts of vitamin A, potassium, and iron. Although small amounts of vitamin C are found in fresh apples, it is not present in dried apples do to the dehydration process.
Interesting Facts About Dried Apples
- Washington, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and California are the largest apple producers in North America.
- Apple trees can live for over 100 years
- Apples have been part of the human diet since 6500 B.C.
- The Mcintosh apple was first harvested in Canada
- Apples are Canada's most important fruit crop
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air-tight container in the pantry or refrigerator for 6-12 months. Freezing dried apples will extend their shelf life to up to 24 months.
How to Enjoy
Dried apples are healthy and convenient snack on their own. They can also be chopped, and added to baked goods, cereals, or trail mixes.
Dried Apple Recipes
|Allergens||Packaged in a facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||USA|