Our organic, Peruvian maca root powder is the perfect vitamin and energy boosting addition to your diet. It's mild butterscotch like flavour makes it a great addition to smoothies, hot or cold cereal, fruit, or hot drinks. It can also be added to baked goods for a significant nutritional boost!
This ancient superfood has been consumed in Peru for it's nourishment and thereputic affects for centuries. It is a terrific source of many vitamins and minerals, and has been shown to improve function of the body's endocrine system, and increase energy levels.
- Excellent source of the trace minerals copper, calcium, potassium, and selenium.
- Good source of vitamins C, D, E, and B-complex
- Is comprised of 10% protein - excellent levels for a plant
- Contains fatty acids and alkaloids
- Contains high levels of plant sterols
- High in fiber
Potential Health Benefits
- Reduce anxdiety and enhance the body's ability to deal with stress
- Increase energy levels / decrease fatigue (iron)
- Improve sexual funciton in both males and females
- Decrease menopausal symptoms (hot flashed, mood swings, depresion).
- Increase indurance (Maca is often taken by athletes)
- Help the body regulate hormone levels
- Improve skin health
- It grows on mountains 10,000 feet above sea level - higher than any other crop in the world!
- It is a complete protein, containing all esential amino acids
- Is a natural aphrodisiac and may increase sexual desire in males and females
- It has been consumed for hundreds of years in South America
Store in a dark, dry place for up to 24 months. Refrigeration is unnecessary.
How to Enjoy
Although maca powder can be added just about any food, most people add it to their morning smoothies. It is particularly delicious when combined with cacao... We add it to many of our own smoothie mixes, and many customers add it to their custom energy bars.
|Ingredients||Certified organic maca root powder|
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||Peru|