The highest quality cold-pressed, certified organic virgin coconut oil available. Often touted as the healthiest most versatile oil in the world, virgin coconut oil has a significant array of health benefits ranging from strengthening the immune system to eliminating dandruff.
It is one of mother natures best sources of both medium chain fatty acids and lauric acid, both of which have unique health benefits outlined below.
Use coconut oil in replacement of butter or plant oil when frying foods, add to baked goods, or mix in with smoothies.
- Contains mostly medium-chain fatty acids which can be converted to energy almost immediately after consumption.
- The best natural source of lauric acid which can be used by the body to help fight infection
- Rich source of antioxidants including vitamin E
The health benefits that can be derived from coconut oil are outlined below.
- May aid in weight loss by boosting metabolism
- Helps improve nutrient absorption of calcium and magnesium, which has a positive impact on bone health.
- Is an extremely efficient energy source for the body, and therefore is very unlikely to be converted to body fat.
- Has a positive impact on cholesterol levels
- May lower risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Helps reduce body inflammation
- Excellent moisturizer
- Forms protective barrier on skin, and can provide protection from the sun and free-radical damage.
- Contains vitamin E, antioxidants, and antibacterial agents that help sooth, and heal damaged skin.
- The fatty-acids act as an excellent conditioner and can help improve hair health
- Makes hair shinier
- Natural antibacterial agents help eliminate dandruff and dry scalp problems when used regularly.
Why Virgin Coconut Oil?
Virgin coconut oil is cold pressed and normally bottled within 8 hours after cracking the nut. This process ensures that the beneficial properties of the oil are not destroyed.
Non-virgin coconut oil uses high heat, and is usually made by dried copra which often sits for months before being converted to oil. It is also often bleached and deodorized, further deteriorating the quality of the oil.
If coconut oil does not have a faint coconut aroma, it's likely a non-virgin oil that may have lost many of it's beneficial properties.
Cooking with Coconut Oil
Because of it's high content of heart-healthy saturated fat, coconut oil is extremely stable at high temperatures making it an ideal substitute for less stable plant oils that can easily become oxidized. Since coconut oil has a very neutral flavour, it can be used in just about any recipe.
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Virgin coconut oil stored at room temperature has a shelf life of 36 months or more.
How to Enjoy
To maximize it's health benefits, aim at consuming 2-3 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil each day. Here are a some easy ways you can add it to your daily eating regimen:
- Use as a substitute for butter or oils when frying foods
- Add to baked goods (cookies, muffins, breads, desserts)
- Stir in to coffee, tea, or other hot beverages
- Add to smoothies
Coconut Oil Recipes
|Ingredients||Certified organic virgin coconut oil|
|Country of Origin||Phillipines|