- stacey i
Just raw, non-GMO certified Canadian-grown organic rolled oats. Perfect for hot cereal, or as an addition to your baking recipes or smoothies.
Whole oats are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates that provide sustained energy. They also contain high levels of trace minerals, fiber, and various antioxidants.
Here are some of the nutritional highlights of organic rolled oats:
- Excellent source of complex carbohydrates
- Excellent source of manganese, phosphorus, and magnesium
- Contain good levels of the important antioxidant selenium
- Contain over 20 polyphenol antioxidants
- Very high in fiber
Oats contain the following nutrients (% Daily Value) per cup:
They also contain 140 calories, composed of 55 grams of carbohydrates, 11 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, and 8 grams of fiber.
Here is a list of some of the potential health benefits of oats based on their nutrient profile and various scientific studies:
- May reduce risk of CV disease and lower LDL cholesterol (antioxidants, fiber)
- Enhance the immune system (beta-glucan starch)
- Helps stabilize blood sugar (fiber)
- May lower risk of type 2 diabetes (magnesium)
- May prevent certain cancers (fiber, antioxidants)
Interesting Facts About Organic Oats
- There is a city in Texas called "Oatmeal"
- Oats are used in many cosmetics because the polyphenols are beneficial to the skin
- Oats were once considered a nuisance weed
- Canada is one of the largest producers of oats
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store oats for a year or more in a sealed container in a dark, dry place.
How to Enjoy
Oats can be enjoyed in the following ways:
- Raw, on its own with almond, coconut or hemp milk and other toppings
- Add liquid and heat to make hot oatmeal
- Add to bread, pancakes, and other baked goods
- Mix with yogurt and other nuts, seeds etc.
- Add to smoothies for a boost of complex carbs
How to Prepare Oatmeal
Ingredients: 1-1/2 cups organic oats, 3-1/2 cups liquid (water, milk, nut milk etc.), 1/4 tsp sea salt.
Number of Servings: 3
Stovetop: Add liquid and salt to a small pot and bring to boil. Add oats and reduce heat to low for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Microwave: Add all ingredients to a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high power for 3-5 minutes. Stir before servings.
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||Canada|