Our sweet tasting, raw, organic hazelnuts are harvested in Oregon, USA using no pesticides or sprays. Also know as filberts, these succulent treats make a great high protein / low carb snack, creamy nut butter, or can be added to your favourite baking recipes.
Hazel nuts contain over 80% heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, and are an excellent source of fiber, vitamin E, and minerals such as copper, manganese, and iron. They also contain more folate than any other nut.
Here are some of their nutritional benefits that hazel nuts have to offer:
- Contain over 80% monounsaturated fats (second only to macadamia nuts)
- High in minerals, most notably manganese, copper, and iron
- Excellent source of B-complex vitamins
- 100 grams of hazel nuts contain 100% the recommended daily intake of vitamin E
- Contain phytosterols, and phenolics - both powerful antioxidants
- Have more folate than any other nut
Hazel nuts contain the following nutrients (% Daily Value) per 28 grams:
Vitamin E: 28.5%
They contain 178 calories, comprised of 4.73 grams of carbohydrates, 4.24 grams of protein, 17.22 grams of fat, and 2.7 grams of fiber.
The heart-healthy monounsaturated fats found in hazel nuts have been shown in numerous studies to help improve blood lipid numbers.
Interesting Facts About Hazel Nuts
- Over 99% of North American cultivated hazel nuts come from Oregon, as well as the Fraser Valley in British Columbia
- Over 75% of the worldwide production of hazel nuts originates in Turkey
- Filberts and cobnuts are the two varieties of hazelnuts, which differ only in shape
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store shelled hazel nuts in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 6-12 months.
How to Enjoy
Enjoy hazel nuts by the handful either raw, or lightly roasted. Here are a few ways to enjoy them:
- Grind and add to cereals, yogurts and other food dishes
- Blend in to a rich, creamy nut butter
- Roast and dip in chocolate
- Grind, and add to cakces, muffins, cookies, and other baked goods
Hazel Nut Recipes
|Ingredients||Certified organic raw hazelnuts (filberts)|
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts|
|Country of Origin||Turkey|