Our raw, organic California pistachio nuts have been removed from their shell and are ready for you to enjoy by the handful, or in your favourite recipes.
Pistachios make a highly nutritious snack. They are high in vitamin E, copper, phenol antioxidants, and mono-unsaturated fats.
Here are some of the nutritional highlights of pistachios:
- Rich source of monounsaturaed fats (oliec acid)
- High in vitamin E (45% of RDA per 30g serving)
- Source of vitamin A
- Excellent source of copper
- Good source of B-complex vitamins, including riboflavin, niacin and thiamin
- Contain polyphenol antioxidants
- Good source of the trace minerals manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
Pistachios contains the following nutrients (% Daily Value) per 30 gram serving:
Vitamin E: 45%
They also contain 167 calories, composed of 8.4 grams of carbohydrates, 6.2 grams of protein, 13.3 grams of fat, and 3.1 grams of fiber.
Like most nuts, pistachios are very nutrient dense. They contain lots of vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial antioxidants.
Here is a list of some of the potential health benefits of pistachio nuts based on their nutritional profile:
- Cardiovascular / blood lipid benefits (magnesium, oleic acid, phytosterols)
- May improve digestion and promote colon health (fiber)
- Help combat oxidative damage caused by free radicals (vitamin A, E, phenols)
- Help body utilize iron (copper)
- Promote proper thyroid gland function (copper)
Interesting Facts About Pistachios
- Humans have consumed pistachio nuts for over 9000 years
- Pistachios are related to the mango fruit
- California produces upwards of 98% of North America's pistachio nuts
- Pistachio ice cream, invented in the 1940's, helped increase the popularity of pistachio nuts
- February 26th is know as world pistachio day
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store pistachio nuts in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
How to Enjoy
Raw pistachio nuts are a great raw snack. Here are more ways to enjoy them?
- Add to trail mix, cereals, and baked goods
- Sprinkle on fruit salads
- Lightly roast, and add spices for flavour
- Prepare pistachio gelato or ice cream
Pistachio Nut Recipes
|Ingredients||Certified organic raw pistachio nuts (shelled)|
|Country of Origin||USA|