Wedderspoon's 100% Raw Manuka Honey Active 12+ is unpasturized, pure, non-GMO, and absolutely loaded with antioxidants. Not only does it taste delicious, it also contains powerful anti-bacterial healing properties that make it one of the most powerful superfoods in the world!
Just how powerful is it? A study in the European study conducted in 2003 claimed that active Manuka honey had an 85% success rate in fighting wound infections compared to only 50% for traditional antibiotic creams.
Consume Manuka honey as you would traditional honey by spreading on toast, adding to hot drinks, in baked goods etc, or apply topically to wounds or burns to enhance healing.
Manuka honey is graded on a scale from 0 to 20 +, with higher numbers simply indicating that the honey has more powerful healing properties. This product is rated at 12 +, meaning that if falls in the low to middle range in terms of the potency of it's anti-bacterial properties. Anything under 10 + is not considered "active".
- Bees that produce honey are not fed sugar or given antibiotics
- Unpasturized and unblended
- Only pesticide-free hives used
- Active 12 + rating
Potential Health Benefits
- May remedy sore throats
- Help heal stomach ulcers
- Help heal external wounds such as cuts and burns
- Fight infections including those that are resistant to antibiotics
- May slow oxidation and the potential harmful effects of free radicals in the body.
- Is used in hospitals to treat germs and infection
- It retans it's powerful enzymes even after it is heated
- Not all Manuka honey is "active", which is most beneficial from a health perspective.
- Active Manuka honey is rated from 0 - 20+, with higher numbers providing more powerful medicinal benefits.
- The word medicine is derived from the word "mead", a honey wine, which is the oldest alcoholic beverage know to man.
- Contains an enzyme called Glucose Oxidase which helps release antiseptic hydrogen poroxide into wounds if applied topically.
Refrigeration not required after opening. Store in the pantry for up to 8 months.
Manuka honey can be applied topically to help heal wounds, or eaten like traditional honey. It can be added to any food, or blended in to hot drinks. Even when heated, it's ant-bacterial properties still emain, so it's a great addition to coffee, tea, and other hot drinks.
|Nutrion Facts [N]|
|Serving Size||21g (1Tbsp)|
|Country of Origin||New Zealand|