Just organic brown rice protein with no added preservatives or fillers. Add to smoothies and other drinks, or to baking recipes for a raw, vegan friendly protein boost! Brown rice protein is easy to digest, and is excellent for those with allergies as it contains no gluten, diary, soy or egg. It also easily mixes in to liquids, and is mild tasting.
What to expect: Mild taste, excellent mixability, plenty of usable protein per serving (16 grams), and virtually no fat or carbohydrates.
Who it's best for: Allergy sensitive individuals, vegans, anyone looking for a high quality protein on a budget.
Not sure which protein powder is right for you? Click here to read our protein comparison guide
Although not as diverse as hemp protein from a nutritional perspective, brown rice protein does contain various antioxidants as well as iron, niacin, phosphorous, potassium, riboflavin, and thiamin. It also contains very small amounts of fat and carbohydrates.
One serving (approximately 1 1/2 table spoons) contains 70 calories comprised of 17 grams of protein, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fat, and 1 gram of fibre,
The Benefits of Brown Rice Protein Powder
Here are some of the reasons why you may want to consider adding brown rice protein to your diet:
- Contains fiber
- Economically priced compared to hemp or whey
- Certified organic, non GMO (genetically modified organism)
- Contains all 9 essential amino acids
- Source of antioxidants and trace minerals
- Easily digestible for most individuals
- Raw, vegan, and dairy / gluten / soy / milk free
- No additives or preservatives
- Smooth texture, not "chalky"
- Easy to mix in to liquids
At U-RAAW!, we do not sell any products that contain soy. Although soy protein powder is a relatively inexpensive, we believe that rice or organic Canadian hemp protein are better choices from a health perspective.
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
We package our organic brown rice protein powder in heavy-duty reusable stand up pouches that do not have windows. Store them for up to 6 months in a cool, dark, dry place.
How to Enjoy
Add one or two scoops of brown rice protein to smoothies, juice, or water. It is also excellent for baking, and can be used to boost protein levels in most recipes by substituting 1/3 cup of brown rice protein for every 1/2 cup of flour.
Brown Rice Protein Studies
- The effects of 8 weeks of whey or rice protein supplementation on body composition and exercise performance - This study suggests that brown rice protein may be as effective as whey protein for post workout recovery.
|Ingredients||Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein|