Certified organic dried black mulberries by Organic Traditions. Black mulberries are said to be the most delicious of all mulberry varieties, and offer many significant health benefits. According to Dr. Oz, mulberries are "a powerful super-food that accelerates weight loss and can prevent diabetes".
A true low-sugar superfood that are high in many powerful antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, as well as protein and fiber. Recent studies show that they can significantly improve cardiovascular health, and may help prevent diabetes.
Here are some of the nutritional highlights of dried mulberries:
- High in vitamin C
- Contain vitamin A and E
- Excellent source of flavonoids including reservatrol
- Good source of potassium, manganese, and magnesium
- Rich source of B-complex vitamins
- Very high in iron
- Excellent protein and fiber content
- Good source of vitamin K
*For full nutritional profile see nutrition chart in right sidebar.
Potential Health Benefits
Mulberries studies indicate that regular consumption may provide the following health benefits:
- Fight free-radical damage (flavonoids, vitamin C)
- Decrease inflammation (flavonoids)
- Protection from various cancer (flavonoids)
- Improve oxygen carrying capacity of blood (iron)
- Maintain healthy vision (carotenoid zea-xanthin)
- Improve cardiovascular health (flavonoids, fiber)
- Lower cholesterol (flavonoids, fiber, vitamin C)
- Prevent diabetes (deoxynojirimycin)
- Boost the immune system (flavonoids, vitamin C)
Interesting Facts About Mulberries
- The leaves form the mulberry tree are a silk worm's favourite food
- They are technically not berries, but rater a cluster fruit
- They come in a variety of different colours including black, white, and lavender
- Black mulberries are said to have the best combination of sweet / tart flavour
- Bark from mulberry trees is used to make paper
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Organic traditions black mulberries come in a re-sealable stand up pouch. Once opened, store in a dark dry place for up to 6 months.
How to Enjoy
Mulberries can be added to trail mixes, breakfast cereals, or simply eaten on their own by the handful. They are also an excellent addition to muffins, cakes, and other baked goods.
|Ingredients||Certified organic dried mulberries.|
|Allergens||Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||Pakistan|