Nothing beats the chocolaty flavour of our certified organic cacao nibs. Touted as "mother natures chocolate chip", these crunchy little morsels are loaded with fiber, and contain the highest levels of magnesium and flavanols of any food!
A true superfood, cacao nibs are a delicious, raw, vegan treat. Enjoy them by the handful, or add them to your favourite trail mix, smoothie, or baked goods.
What are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao nibs are nothing more than crushed cacao beans. They are made by first removing the bean from the cacao fruit, which is then rinsed, and partially fermented. The beans are then pealed and broken in to small pieces.
For full nutritional information see chart on right.
Cacao nibs nutritional highlights:
- High in magnesium (just over 270mg per 100g)
- Good source of iron
- One of the highest sources of antioxidants of any food (higher than blueberries and red wine)
- Over 5 grams of fiber per serving
- Contain mood enhancing alkaloids (theobromine, anandamine, and phenylethylamine)
You've probably heard about the health benefits of dark chocolate, but you may not have known that cacao nibs are less processed, and even more potent!
"Nibs" are one of the richest dietary sources of magnesium, and various antioxidants (flavanols in particular). Additionally, they are a terrific source of iron, and fibre.
- Aids in digestion
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Maintains bone health
- Helps detoxify the body
- May decrease the risk of various cancers (1)
- Aids in muscle and brain function
- Strengthens immune system
- Plays an important role in hemoglobin formation
- Helps combat inflammation
- May lower blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels
- Protects cells from free radical damage
Organic vs. Conventional
Since cacao plantations are know to use extremely high levels of pesticides, we do not sell conventionally grown cacao products.
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in a sealed container in a cool dry, place for up to three months. Will last at least 6 months if refrigerated.
How to Enjoy
Fresh cacao nibs should be crunchy in texture. Although a tasty treat on their own, they are also a great addition to many foods such as yogurt, cereal, deserts, and baked goods. Use them as a sugar-free substitute for chocolate chips in any baking recipes.
|Ingredients||Certified organic cacao nibs|
|Allergens||Tree nuts, packaged in the same facility as peanuts, milk, sesame, soy.|
|Country of Origin||Ecudor|