Our sweet, nutty tasting sunflower seeds are raw, organic, and GMO free. Enjoy them raw or roasted, or add as a topping to your favourite food dish.
Sunflower seeds are a terrific high-protein snack loaded with vitamin E, essential minerals, and free-radical busting phenols.
Our current stock is harvested in Europe.
Sunflower seeds are pack plenty of nutritional punch in to each small kernel. Here are some nutritional highlights:
- Rich in many minerals, vitamin E, and B-complex vitamins
- Excellent source of folate, a nutrient essential for DNA synthesis
- Contain polyphenols, which act as powerful antioxidants
- A source of linoleic and oleic acids, two forms of fat that play a positive role in our blood lipid profile.
- Contain the second highest levels of cholesterol lowering phytosterols of any nut / seed (second only to sesame seeds).
Nutritional profile (% Daily Value) per 30 gram serving:
Vitamin E: 70%
They contain 175 calories, comprised of 6 grams of carbohydrates, 6.2 grams of protein, 15.5 grams of fat, and 2.6 grams of fiber.
The high levels of vitamin E, phytosterols, magnesium, and selenium found in sunflower seeds may play a positive role in or health in the following ways:
- Reduce risk of certain cancers (selenium)
- Improve the body's ability to detoxify (selenium)
- Decrease body inflammation (vitamin E)
- Play a positive role in cardiovascular health (vitamin E)
- Improve nerve, muscle, and blood vessel function (magnesium)
Interesting Facts Sunflower Seeds
- The Sunflower is one of the fastest growing plants, growing up to two feet per month!
- A single sunflower can have up to 2000 seeds
- Black, and stripe are the two varieties of sunflower seeds
- There are 60 different types of sunflowers in North America
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to 3 months, or in the refrigerator for up to 12 months.
How to Enjoy
- Raw, by the handful
- Roasted, and seasoned with salt and other spices
- Add to cereal, yogurt, and salads
- Grind in blender or nut grinder to make creamy sunflower butter
- Sprinkle as topping on to desserts
- Add to breads, muffins, cookies, or other baked goods
Sunflower Seed Recipes
|Ingredients||Certified organic raw sunflower seeds (shelled)|
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||EUROPE|