Organic Traditions vanilla bean powder is 100% organic, gluten-free, non-GMO, and fair-trade certified. It contains no fillers, preservatives, alcohol or artificial flavours, and is grown without the use of pesticides or synthetic fertilizers.
After the vanilla beans are hand-picked and carefully dried in the sun, they're ground into a potent, fragrant powder at low temperatures. This process ensures no nutrient loss and incredible flavour.
In addition to it's luscious taste and powerful aroma, vanilla is also full of potent nutrients including, vitamin C, calcium, iron and free-radical fighting antioxidants.
Interesting Facts About The Vanilla Bean
- It is the most popular ice cream flavour in North America
- There are more than 150 different types of vanilla plants
- Vanilla means "little pod" in spanish
- No two vanilla beans taste, look, or smell the same
- It is the second most labour intensive agricultural crop in the worldVanilla beans grow on vines on other trees and grow up to 50 feet tall.
- Mexico, Madagascar, and Indonesia are the worlds top producers of vanilla
- The vanilla bean must be hand pollinated if the Melipone bee is not present in the ecosystem.
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air-tight container in a dark dry place up to 24 months. No refrigeration required. Many believe that the the flavour of vanilla improves with age.
How to Enjoy
Sprinkle in to smoothies, nut milks, baked goods, yogurt, hot or cold cereal, and desserts. Vanilla powder can also be used topically in body lotions or facial masks, or in the bath with salts.
Recipes That Use Vanilla Bean Powder
Coconut Vanilla Chia Smoothie
- 3-4 cups water or nut milk
- 1 cup ice 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp dried coconut 1-2 tbsp vanilla bean powder
Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup nut milk
- 4 tbsp raw organic chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp of raw vanilla powder
|Nutrion Facts [N]|
|Ingredients||Certified organic vanilla bean powder|