Chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) are a nutritious, budget-friendly bean that are highly nutritious, budget-friendly, and very versatile.
We recently added organic chickpeas to our online store.
Below are three of our favourite chickpea recipes that are easy for anyone to prepare…
Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
Easy to make, and a great flavour/texture.
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- 2 cups Organic cooked chickpeas *Raw chickpeas must be cooked prior to roasting.
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil *Ghee may be used as a substitute
- 2 tbsp Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, toss chickpeas in ghee/oil until evenly coated
- Add sea salt and toss agian to coat
- Spread chickpeas onto baking sheet lined with tinfoil and bak for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for about 10 minutes to increase crunch and enjoy!
Optional: If you own a food dehydrator you can dehydrate them for 10-12 hours at 125°F and they will keep their crunch for storage.
Here is a great hummus recipe:
This chickpea curry is quick and easy to make and tastes awesome!
Do you have a favourite chickpea recipe that you would like to share with us? If so, please let us know by leaving a comment below.