If you enjoy coffee, you’ll love this cold and refreshing coffee smoothie recipe. Both coffee and cacao are loaded with antioxidants and are packed with flavour… add banana for some carbs, and a little coconut milk for the beneficial medium chain fatty acids, and you’ve got yourself an ultra healthy energy-boosting breakfast treat!
- This recipe requires 2 cups of cold coffee, so you’ll want to brew the coffee far enough in advance to give it time to cool off.
- When possible, use freshly ground organic coffee as it’s the healthiest best tasting option
- We used a commercial coconut milk in the video, but any type of nut milk will work (ie. hemp, almond, rice, oat etc.). Better yet, make your own fresh homemade nut milk!
Total prep time: 3 min
Yield: 1 serving
- 2 cups coffee
- 2 cups ice
- 1/4 cup nut milk (we used coconut milk)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs (can also use cacao powder)
- 1 tbsp xylitol (can use sweetener of your choice such as stevia, raw honey etc.)
*For a protein boost, add 1/2 scoop of the protein powder of your choice.
Brew 2 cups of coffee and let cool. Add coffee to blender first, followed by ice, and then all other ingredients. Blend on high until smooth consistency is reached.
Serving size: 1 large glass
Please try this coffee smoothie and let us know how you liked it!
2 thoughts on “Coffee Smoothie (With Banana, Cacao, and Coconut Milk)”
I printed out the recipe to make this smoothie and realized the banana is not mentioned. The next day I came back to the website and watched the video. Then saw that you added a banana. It was a little confusing at first, lol!! With the banana it is a great tasting smoothie especially for coffee lovers!!! Thank you for posting!!!
Oops–thanks for pointing this out. I have updated the recipe to include the banana! All the best!