Our moist, chewy, and delicious dried apricots are the ideal portable snack. They are certified organic, and are grown using no pesticides. Dried apricots are an excellent source of energy producing carbs, vitamin A, potassium, and fiber.
Here are some of the nutritional highlights of dried apricots:
- High in fibre
- Contain good levels of potassium
- Good source of vitamin A
- Source of the trace minerals iron and magnesium
They contain 130 calories per 40 gram serving, comprised of 31 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein, 0 grams of fat, and 2 grams of fiber.
- Improve digestive health (fiber)
- Helps prevent LDL cholesterol from oxidation (beta carotene)
- Promotes optimal vision (vitamin A)
- May decrease risk of cataracts and other eye problems (vitamin A)
The vitamin A content is what makes dried apricots stand out from a health benefit perspective. Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to promote eye health by combating free radicals that can damage the the lenses in the eyes.
Interesting Facts About Dried Apricots
- Similar to raisins, 95% of all US apricots are grown in California
- China and Turkey are the largest producers of apricots in the world
- Apricot means "precious" in latin
- Apricots were one of a number of different dried fruits that were eaten by astronauts on the Apollo moon mission
Storage Tips for Maximum Shelf Life
Store in an air-tight container in the cupboard for 6-12 months, and up to 2 years in the refrigerator. Dried apricots can also be frozen to extend their shelf life even further.
How to Enjoy
Dried apricots are a terrific high-energy food when eaten on their own. Here are some other ways to enjoy them:
- Add to your favourite trail mix
- Chop and sprinkle on cereal, oatmeal, or yogurt
- Prepare dried apricot jam
- Chop and add to muffins, cookies and pancakes
- Add to dessert recipes
Dried Apricot Recipes
|Ingredients||Raw certified organic turkish apricots|
|Allergens||Packaged in the same facility as milk, peanuts, tree nuts.|
|Country of Origin||Turkey|