Here is a great low carb pancake recipe that is fast and easy to prepare. It calls for 1/4 cup of coconut flour, but feel free to substitute 1-2 tablespoons (4 tbsp per 1/4 cup) with cacao or whey powder if you are looking for an added chocolate or protein boost.
Total prep time: 10 min
Yield: 3 pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
Optional ingredients: Splash of liquid vanilla, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, xylitol or stevia to sweeten.
1. Add all ingredients to mixing bowl or blender. Make sure coconut oil has been heated so that it is in liquid form.
2. Mix ingredients thoroughly until smooth liquid batter consistency is achieved.
3. Cook in medium sized frying pan on medium heat for approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Serve topped with dried shredded coconut, and honey, yogurt, or your favourite berries.
Serving size: 1 pancake
Carbohydrates: 9.3g (2g sugar)
Please try this recipe and let us know how you liked it by leaving a comment below!